Sunday, October 9, 2011

Social networking

Collaboration and social networking go together. Dr. Orey suggested jigsawing. In my classroom I Have used wikis. I had my students work in pairs to research and create a wiki based on the Holocaust. My students were given a rubric and they also did peer editing on each others wikis. It was a great experience for everyone. It required a lot of work and time but in the end it was well worth the skills that my students acquired.




Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2011). Program eight: Social learning theories [Video webcast]. Bridging learning theory, instruction and technology. Retrieved from http://laureate.ecollege.com/ec/crs/default.learn?CourseID=5700267&CPURL=laureate.ecollege.com&Survey=1&47=2594577&ClientNodeID=984650&coursenav=0&bhcp=1

No comments: